How to delete your Google+ Business Page
We’ve noticed that there are plenty of guides for new businesses setting up their social media online but nothing really tackling what needs to be covered if you close your business down or even part with your social media company.
For the purposes of this article, we will focus on one of the newer social media platforms, Google+
Google+ Business Page
If you decide to delete your Google plus Business page, you need to bear two things in mind:
- Deletion is permanent and can’t be undone
- Only the page owner can delete a Google+ page
When you delete a page, everything is deleted and any record of who followed or managed the page are deleted with it. The only exception is “local pages” where Google may retain business information from that page and may continue to show information about that business on Google. So if your business is closing, make sure that you report it as closed, using Report a Problem, before deleting the page.
Before you can delete your Business page, you must disconnect or delete any YouTube channels connected to it.
To delete a page:
- Log in to Google My Business and choose the page that you’d like to manage.
- Select Settings from the left-hand ribbon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Delete page.
If you find yourself parting from your social media team (Red Desk give our clients the option to manage the social media themselves), you need to also bear in mind the following:
- Are you the page owner of the Google+ Business Page? You can transfer the ownership of this (remember only the page owner can delete the page).
- Do you have a shared Dropbox folder? Ensure that the social media team are removed – log in online to Dropbox and check who the folders are shared with. Simply click on the “invite to collaborate” option and you can delete the relevant people.
- Did you give your social media team access to your website? If so, it is best to change the password. If you can’t do this, your webmaster should.
We hope you won’t have cause to close down your social media accounts but if you need assistance, do get in touch.
Contact us on: 020 8815 0874
Email: [email protected]