Friends of Firs Farm send HUGE THANKS to everyone, for their time, energy, and support for the Friends of Firs Farm. We have grown much in this our third year as a Friends group and have much to celebrate.
Together We Did It in 2017! THANK YOU
Just some of the changes and accolades for Firs Farm that came about in 2017, due of course to all the hard work by the Friends working in collaboration with LBE, partners, businesses, and of course the Community
- WINNER! Living Waterways Awards 2017 Best Natural Environment.
- FINALIST Water Industry Achievement Awards Finalist.
- GOLD WINNER Enfield in Bloom: Best Highways Open Space Planting
- WINNER! Ann Tott – Memorial Cup Enfield in Bloom – First time winners for this cup.
- Interpretation has been added around the wetlands.
- Pond dipping platform is a welcome addition which has enhanced education and fun.
- Tree/saplings – Over 250 saplings planted by the Friends and volunteers.
- 8500 purple crocus corms were planted with the help of local children from Winchmore & Palmers Green High schools (as part of the Rotary clubs “End Polio Now” campaign)
- The “cage” has now been removed from the A10 end of the stream and you can now walk across the metal “bridge” and view where the water returns to the culvert.
Our team of volunteers continually work to improve Firs Farm for the benefit of the community:- in addition to hosting Free and fund raising events we are often seen out and about tackling litter/ fly tipping, encouraging people to take their litter away with them. We dedicate a lot of time looking after the wetlands, surrounding areas, over 300 young trees that we planted, the entrance and other flowerbeds to make the space more inviting. The majority of the paths in the woods have been restored so they are now looking clearer, wider, and thicker, making a walk in the woods even more satisfying! The work the Friends carry out is important to and for the community, wildlife and improving our watercourses in Enfield.
What’s happening in Firs Farm for 2018?
Well…. It’s all about being an “Inclusive Firs Farm”
A Café, “Changing Places Toilet”, community Hub, more sports, continuing with improved access, education and recreation for ALL. The Friends are raising funds to accomplish all of this.
All topped off with a fabulous “Firs Farm Community Festival 2018”
We need YOUR help to achieve these projects and hope that you will all continue to get involved whenever and wherever you can to support the Friends aims for the next year.
Remember “Together We Can Do It”
This wonderful community event will take place in Firs Farm on
Saturday 14th July 2018 11am-6pm
We Need “YOU”
We are looking for volunteers to get involved in this special event. Interested? Then contact the Friends [email protected] or call 07956 537 974.
Come along and join us even if you can only spare half an hour it makes such a difference. After all it is YOUR local Green Space.