Local Magazines

Saracens Sport Foundation

Saracens sports foundation

Saracens sports foundationWhen a local Saracens Sport Foundation supporter, Deborah, threw down the gauntlet to Edita Tarvydaite, to run the London Marathon 2014, she probably expected a bit of umming, erring and bit more arm bending. But for regular Alexander Palace boot-camp trainer, Edita, owner of Zoom Fitness, the challenge was just the ticket for a New Year’s goal. Having already heard about the good work of the Saracens Sport Foundation Edita was compelled in turn, to challenge her boot-campers and clients to participate in the ultimate personal goal, with a fantastic community benefit.

Stepping up to the challenge with Edita is North London Carpenter and Joiner Klaus Thorsen. Klaus, known as “Mr Zoom” by his boot-camp peers and fresh out of half-marathon success, took a few minutes longer to convince. However, after discovering more about the work that the Saracens Foundation does, Klaus decided that it would be an ideal way to support the community and show his run-loving kids that Dad could indeed do it!

Edita says “I heard a lot about the charity prior to talks about the marathon. Deborah told me about the great work that is being done on the rugby field in Allianz stadium: rugby boys coming out to spend time with kids less fortunate and at risk of disengagement from society. We spoke about kids with learning disabilities, young offenders and even the over 50’s, all benefiting from Saracens sport programmes. We spoke about a ‘fat girl’, who hasn’t got confidence to get involved in sports and how we could change that, how can we find her”.

Klaus and EditaKlaus is equally enthusiastic. “Running a marathon hadn’t been on my agenda. Edita had taken my training up to first half-marathon and I was very pleased with this. My two older kids run with me on Saturday mornings at the Ally Pally Park Run, and I want to instil a sense of goal setting and achievement in them. Plus, I want them to be proud of their old Dad” Klaus laughs. “Supporting a charity that supports kids through sport just makes the fundraising so worthwhile.”

Edita and Klaus will be fundraising for the Saracens Sport Foundation through various community events including a quiz night and raffle. Both active on Twitter, the dynamic duo have gained local sponsors including The Great Northern Railway Tavern, Haberdashery, Fatisa restaurant and more. Help them reach their targets and support the Saracens charity by sponsoring:

Klaus: text THOR65 £5 to 70070

Edita: text ZOOM83 £5 to 70070.

We are both on twitter: @KlausThorsen and @ZoomEdita – please connect with us to stay in touch!

About Guest (802 Articles)

Posts that are contributed on an occasional basis for your enjoyment