Local Magazines

Zumbathon

Lab Health and spa Lab Spa Laboratories, Muswell Hill, London.

As temperatures soared in London on the 9th July so did the energy levels during a 2 hour Zumbathon party which was held in the gardens of The Laboratory Spa & Health club in Muswell Hill. The event was raising money for Mind mental health Charity and attracted well over seventy Zumba enthusiasts, young and old.

Event organiser, personal trainer and class instructor, Gemma Barlow, said: “Mind charity has a personal connection to me. I am sure we all know someone whose lives have been touched or affected by mental health. If you are struggling with a mental illness, consider trying dance as a form of therapy. While dancing should never replace seeking out help from a professional, it can be one tool you use to stay mentally healthier and take you to another world where you are free. This charity needs more support. Sadly,1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. No one should have to face a mental health problem alone. Whether you’re stressed, depressed or in crisis MIND listen, provide support and advice, and fight your corner.

“Our day was about being together to support each other, to not feel alone, to have fun, to let go and dance our hearts out! We raised over £1,500.00 which was way over my target, I am thrilled we raised so much for such a well-deserved cause; the day had a fantastic vibe and was very emotional. I couldn’t have done it without all my wonderful supporters. I definitely intend to have more events like this and my message to everyone is to keep dancing!”

If you would like to find out more about Gemma’s Zumba classes please contact the Laboratory Spa & Health Club Muswell Hill. www.labspa.co.uk. To support MIND please see Gemma’s JustGiving page.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

About Guest (802 Articles)

Posts that are contributed on an occasional basis for your enjoyment