This is an adaption of a recipe from a cookbook that I have, I absolutely love these & they never seem to last long when I make them. There are so many different types of macaroon, but these ones are the coconut variety.
The cranberries add a sharp sweetness, but you can add any fruit you wish or leave it out completely. The next batch I make will almost certainly be drizzled with some dark chocolate! The measurements for this recipe are in cups, I have never got round to weighing as it is so easy just to use the cups.
½ cup ground almonds
2 cups desiccated coconut
¼ cup honey
¼ cup marmalade
2 egg whites
TO MAKE THE MACAROONS…
- In a large bowl mix together the desiccated coconut and ground almonds.
- Then stir in the honey, marmalade and cranberries.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- On your lined baking tray, drop spoonfuls of the mixture into little rounds. They don’t spread so don’t worry about them being too close together.