Local Magazines

Holy Trinity Church, Winchmore Hill N21

Holy Trinity Chuch

As featured in Beach Media magazines

Holy Trinity Church has been at the centre of the Anglican Christian Community of this part of Winchmore Hill since it opened in 1908. The eight bells which are a First World War memorial have marked the special occasions of the local population since then having survived the disastrous fire which destroyed the body of the church in 1978. They still ring daily to witness to the worship which takes place every day in the church in this busy part of N21.

The Christian community, which meets here daily and at the principal sung service on Sunday morning at 10.30am, is diverse and vibrant. We have a thriving Junior Church and are very proud of our long connection with St Paul’s our local Church of England Primary School. Members of the school regularly visit the church and our parish priest, Father Richard Bolton, takes assemblies in the school during the term. We also have a good working relationship with other local schools in the area including Highfield Primary and Winchmore, our local secondary school

In the rebuild after the fire, two halls were added to the site and these too are used on a daily basis by groups ranging from Pilates and Aerobics, Weight Watchers to Choir groups. Each hall is serviced by a well-equipped kitchen and disabled access on the ground floor. There is a small car park but plenty of parking space in the surrounding area.

We are very privileged to be sited in the heart of a wonderful community and we are happy to share our resources with the local community. Any enquiries about the hire of the halls should be made to Mrs Marshall (after 6.00pm) on 020 8360 2571.

For further information about the church and its life visit our website www.holytrinitywinchmorehill.org.uk.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*


Guest
About Guest (1108 Articles)
Posts that are contributed on an occasional basis for your enjoyment