Cake eating and cocktails drinking may have added pounds to the waistline.
Running around after the family may now have you feeling shattered and lethargic.
The solution for both of these is exercise! Start now and you’ll trim your waist and improve your energy. Here are five tips get you started into a regime to last.
- Some like the flexibility and solitude of exercising on their own, others prefer the motivation and social interaction of a group. Decide which suits you best.
- Choose an activity that you’ll be able to stick with and enjoy. Consider taking up a new sport such as netball, squash, running or a fitness class with friends.
- Make sure the logistics aren’t going to be too tricky. Pick an activity or club where you don’t have too far to travel and a class that is at a convenient time.
- Vow to make exercise non-negotiable. It’s not just about helping you stay in shape, there’s the health benefits too – reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes as well as improving energy and well-being.
- Have a little dream or purpose – would you like to do a triathlon, learn to dance or get flat abs for your Summer holiday? Then take a few small actions each week to get closer to your purpose.
Vicky Warr is founder of TheBeezKneez which provide group fitness classes and personal training for mums to be, new mums and mums. She is a mum herself to two children and is fitness expert for Mothercare and BBC Radio. www.beez-kneez.co.uk